Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.

Hello, Im unable to refresh one of my reports, the gateway is ok, and in power BI destkop refreshes properly. can you help me out, I get this message:

Last refresh failed: Thu Jan 11 2018 16:29:15 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time) 
Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request

Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:c21669ce-c606-4dc0-93d6-66fc6578519d
Request ID:3a01ab7b-abe3-e1d6-dbf1-2fc09cde3c1c
Time:2018-01-11 15:29:15Z

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @hugo6262,

Please try it again. If the error persist, I would suggest you file a support ticket here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Aditya-PowerBI

Hello PowerBI Team,

We are facing the exact same issue. The production work is getting impacted in a big way. Request for a resolution ASAP. Thanks!

rlien1
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  I will enter a support ticket today. 

shanemanderson
Regular Visitor

Same here and I cannot enter a ticket even though i am a pro trial user 😞

Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDd3c4c284-5255-6737-0049-4aea56dca33f
Request ID9560eeee-ff7c-f0c3-3a9e-aea9c04f95ba
Time2018-01-20 16:11:23Z

rlien1
Frequent Visitor

Actually I am having the same issue trying to enter a ticket.  I am a pro user, but not an admin on my computer.  

Root issue still persists...

shanny
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same issue on one report scheduled refresh... have raised a support ticket.

jsarnold
Frequent Visitor

We were also having the same issue connecting to an Azure AD SQL db. The problem was with an identity column having duplictae values. 

carlos_16
Regular Visitor

We are also having the same issue. It impacts only one report. The Gateway is working fine for other reports.

I updated the Gateway to the latest version. The refresh won't work on demand or scheduled.

Error.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue for a specific dataset.

The dataset is refreshing successfully on desktop version.

I have updated the on promise gateway to the latest vrsion (14.16.6584.1) but the error message remains the same.

Looking at the gateway logs (C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises Data Gateway\Gateway*.log) I see some recurring error messages:

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing

Thank you all for the support.

MrSimonC
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I've faced the exact same problem (GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing)

for 2 days now and have only just solved the issue.

I removed all tables and added them back in one by one. The error changed to an OleAut date error in a certain table.

From this reference I found any date on or before 30/12/1899 (e.g. 11/12/1089) would cause an error. Replacing/removing these would cause the whole original report to work. In query editor, order your date field to find the problem dates.

As values can be introduced to your Dataset over time, replacing each one isn't a good solution. I've come up with the following M code which you can add to your query editor (Query Editor, View, Advanced Editor) to remove any dates which will cause this error:

#"Remove inappropriate dates" = Table.TransformColumns(#PREVIOUS_STEP_OR_NO#TABLE_NAME, {"COLUMN_TO_AFFECT", each if _ < #date(1900, 1, 1) then #date(1900, 1, 1) else _}),

real-life-example:

e.g. #"Remove inappropriate dates" = Table.TransformColumns(dbo_tblAccounts, {"DOB", each if _ < #date(1900, 1, 1) then #date(1900, 1, 1) else _}),

Remember to take off any filters/sorting you introduced whilst diagnosing your issue!

Hope this helps someone.

Simon C, UK, 01/Feb/2018