Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't type "Auto" into line chart y-axis "start" field

Hi,

This was also raised elsewhere on the forum I'm flagging it here because I believe it's a bug (click here).

I'm currently on version 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019) of Power BI Desktop and I'm having an issue where if I've loaded a .json theme file where I've set the y-axis of the line chart to start at '0', then I cannot manually reset the start value to 'Auto' in the correct field in Desktop. 

We don't want to change our .json file because we have visualisation standards we want to adhere to across our group, but do need very specific instances where we need to be able to manually assign 'Auto' back to the line chart start. 

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Jazmin

Please share .json file with us so we can test it on our side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Jazmin

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

The file can be found here.

Best,

Jazmin

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Jazmin

As you already defined Y axis start value for line chart in report theme, it's not supported to change Y axis start value as Auto in Power BI desktop. If you don't want to modify the report theme, you can work around the issue by changing line chart to combo charts.,place the column/measure used in line chart value to combo chart Line Values bucket. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu