Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't turn off tooltips in phone layout for Hierarchy slicer

Hi. I turned off tooltips in formatting pane for Hierarchy slicer, but they still appear in phone layout.

Jan Pieter Posthuna says this problem related to mobile app and not the visual.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kynotvok

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 157144470. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kynotvok

I got information below: 

"First, there is no click in mobile/touch device but tap and long-tap.

In Power BI Mobile app, tooltip is shown when the user long-press on a data point in a visual.

Single tap, which is the touch equivalent for mouse click, only makes a selection in the visual - selection of a slicer value for example.

If the user long-press (also known as press&hold), then the app shows the tooltip. The app ignores desktop setting no to show tooltip since in mobile app, the tooltip also functions as the context menu, and have actions in addition to the tooltip itself."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kynotvok
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

thanks, but unfortunatelly tooltips appear when user not only long-press, but also when single tap. Selection works fine at the begining but after a couple of selections it stops working and you just get tooltips after each single tap. So it makes working with visual impossible.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kynotvok

I already delivered your concern internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kynotvok

I got information that "Please provide pbix file and video of the issue as we cant repro and tooltips is working on mobile only with long tap". 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kynotvok
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

you will find pbix file and video of the issue on the link below.

I've created a new file only with a hierarchy slicer and it still doesn't work well.

Sometimes hierarchy slicer completely stops responding, but I couldn't catch it on video.

https://goodwine2-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/kovtonyuk_a_goodwine_ua/EmzabWxiDzBHrFVYW6MWGLYBG...

kynotvok
Regular Visitor

Hi, @v-qiuyu-msft !

Are there any news?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kynotvok

Sorry I missed your last post. I just have delivered your information internally, will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kynotvok
Regular Visitor

Hi, @v-qiuyu-msft !

Could you please give me any update on my issue?