Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't select url field

Trying to add a URL to a field in a table to conditionally format it as a hyperlink, however - when the modal pops up for me to select the field that the link will be based on, the 'Based on field' dropdown is highlighted in red and won't let me select the field containing the URL or any ofther field for that matter.

jonespossibly_0-1627466680377.png

the formula for the URL field is:

URL = "https://xxx.com/#/app/item/" & [Id]

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @jonespossibly ,

Although the 'Based on field' dropdown is highlighted in red, could choose the field in the selection:

1.png2.png

Please update the desktop version to the latest to check it again or consider sharing more information abou this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

jonespossibly
Advocate I

no - it won't let me choose any field from the dropdown.

I'm on the latest version of the desktop app.

ciams
Employee

I have exactly the same issue. Weirdly, I've successfully formatted a link previously in the very same dashboard, and now that formatted link is also behaving the same way -- I can no longer select the "based on" field.

I've pulled the same data into a brand new PBIX file and there I'm able to create the link as desired. I'm loathe to rebuild my data model, but... at this point I don't see any way around the issue.

Thoughts?

jonespossibly
Advocate I

yup.  we ended up building the model again and using a new pbix.

not sure how you actually get real support for bugs in PBI

alexeisenhart
Resolver I

@jonespossibly- This is an old problem, but I just ran into the same issue. For me, the problem was that the PBIX somehow had implicit measures disabled. I opened it in Tabular Editor and Discourage Implicit Measures was set to true; I changed it to false, saved the changes, and then I had no issue adding a URL hyperlink to an uncategorized text field.