Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't select parameters for paginated report on any browser

Hi there,

I have developed a paginated report in Power BI Report Builder and published it to Power BI Service.

Once it's published I go into the report and try to select the parameters to generate the report, however I can only select a value for the first parameter and none of the others. They are all working directly in the Power BI Report Builder app report preview, and some other users on my team are able to select and filter the parameters, whilst some are not.

We have verified that this is not a user access issue, since I logged into a test account and tried, and still experienced the issue, whereas someone else logged into the same test account and did not experience the issue. 

I have tried adding *.powerbi.com as a trusted site on all my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) however it has not helped. I tried clear my cache and cookies without luck. I tried on incognito mode, and that allowed me to select the second parameter as well, however I could not select any more after that.

I'm really stuck on what could be specifically causing this issue and would love some input.

ceve_0-1656481684986.png

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. The paginated report parameter works fine in Power BI Service:

vyingjl_0-1656568329831.png

You can consider sharing more details about this issue like what is the data source of your paginated report, how did you create your parameters, the steps which could reproduce this issue better etc.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. The paginated report parameter works fine in Power BI Service:

vyingjl_0-1656568329831.png

You can consider sharing more details about this issue like what is the data source of your paginated report, how did you create your parameters, the steps which could reproduce this issue better etc.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

ceve
Regular Visitor

I figured out what the issue was... If you select the parameter value and then click on the drop-down arrow instead of clicking outside of the parameter selection box, it doesn't work. If you click anywhere outside of the parameter selection box after selecting the parameter value it works.