Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't save Dataflow due to internal error

Hi,

I've added some columns to an existing dataflow (based on Google Analytics).

In the preview everything looks fine, the columns are added and data is retrieved without issues.

Now, when I try to save I get an internal error without detailed information.

If I restart my browser I can see the 'old' entity field name and type, but when I go to 'edit entity' the new columns are still there...

Any idea what may be wrong ? 

Something went wrong
Could not perform this operation due to an internal error
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 32a8824f-44e4-4dc4-a460-5190aff59e3d
Request ID: 35587fdb-0ad9-3f67-a7d1-bbd422e77c12
Correlation ID: 01196a99-d72b-e816-9788-2b620f4cfa6a
Status code: 500
Time: Mon Sep 16 2019 15:45:04 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.10668.164
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Cruz3r

From internal trace, I found the exception "Exception object created: Microsoft.PowerBI.Cdsa.Common.ObjectModelTypeNotSupportedException: ToAttributeDataType received unsupported mashup type column: 'Duration'".  Please go to dataflow edit mode and correct the issue with the column Duration. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Cruz3r
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

You're right, i had 1 column with a type duration passed by the GA connector.

After transforming that column to a value in Total Seconds the issue is gone.

Strange, but ok 🙂

Btw, is there a way to retrieve these traces via the dataflows GUI ? 

Thx!

Best Regards,

Thomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confrim, this issue is still apparent and it is related to ANY Google Analytics Duration Metrics, like Avg. Session Duration. As it stated above, remove these metrics and it works. Huge thanks to @v-qiuyu-msft, as the cryptic 500 Error does not help at all to figure this issue out by your own.

ChawMengFei

Hi,

I have a issue when open power query for one table inside Power BI Dataflow. It prompt "Could not perform this operation due to an internal error. Any ideal? Now I unable to amend my data source inside Power BI dataflow.Power BI Issue_2021-07-12_10-43-38.jpg