Yesterday, all my datasets were refreshing just fine but today nothing happens.
- The automatic refresh hasn't done anything.
- When I press "Refresh now", I get a "popup" saying "preparing refresh" for a split second and then nothing happens.
The only way to update the data is to refresh the Desktop version and then upload it.
I have datasets connection to an on-premises database and one connecting to a sharepoint site.
- The on-premises connection usually works perfect, but now nothing happens.
- The sharepoint connection usually brings up an error, if I try to refresh, but now nothing happens (I just tried it this time as a test, as it usually doesn't work automatically).
Can you please help troublefinding - It seems like an issue on you online portal somehow.
Thanks in advance.
Refreshes can fail for a whole bunch of reasons and given how critical refresh is to Power BI, we have created this article to help you trouble shoot:
alrightly then...still not working from the US
This is now working again for me; refresh is for Project OnlIne out of SharePoint using OAuth2. Mind you, I had to delete and republish my model from PBI Desktop.
Still unable to refreseh or import the MailChimp Content Pack. When will this problem be solved? Is there a site to check the a timeline to resolution?
Still unable to refresh SharePoin Online
Why does the support site say that there are no known problems when so many people cannot publish their reports ?
I think I have the same problem trying to refresh from Sharepoint. Is there a solution for this? I get these specs:
I was just trying to setup the sharepoint refresh, and getting similar error 400. Since this is first time setup, I'm not sure if its this issue, or an unrelated issue.
Failed to update data source credentials.Hide detailsActivity ID: 712e191c-29ab-4ae9-bc1e-5ccee5b8dec0Request ID: 88f0f9a8-d842-995a-8021-918f53d3d041Status code: 400Time: Sat Feb 04 2017 19:59:29 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)Version: 13.0.1700.1121Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
When I take the root of the url (up to the file-name) and add the file-name to it NOT via the url-copy but by getting the file-name via the properties of the file, it turns out right.
We're having the same issue "https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/OData-Feed-Failed-to-update-data-source-credentials/idi-p/10..."
I opened a ticket a month ago and I couldn't get anyone to deep dive into the issue. This is frustrating!