Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't refresh any datasets on BI online service

Yesterday, all my datasets were refreshing just fine but today nothing happens.

- The automatic refresh hasn't done anything.

- When I press "Refresh now", I get a "popup" saying "preparing refresh" for a split second and then nothing happens.

The only way to update the data is to refresh the Desktop version and then upload it. 

I have datasets connection to an on-premises database and one connecting to a sharepoint site.

- The on-premises connection usually works perfect, but now nothing happens.

- The sharepoint connection usually brings up an error,  if I try to refresh, but now nothing happens (I just tried it this time as a test, as it usually doesn't work automatically).

Can you please help troublefinding - It seems like an issue on you online portal somehow.

Thanks in advance.

// Tommy

Refreshes can fail for a whole bunch of reasons and given how critical refresh is to Power BI, we have created this article to help you trouble shoot: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios

Comments
asocorro
Skilled Sharer

Same problem here.  Publishing hangs and Refresh Now does nothing.  Only on one of the datasets; others seem fine.  Cannot even remove the dataset.

mwitt
Regular Visitor

This was working for me this morning but stopped working this afternoon sometime aroung 2PM EST. Not sure if this is related to regional servers. 

Cannot update dashboard dataset credentials. The page stops responding after trying to submit new credentials.

masam
Regular Visitor

Hello Microsoft,

I am also facing the same issue since Monday evening.

If i manually refresh from Power BI Desktop and publish by replacing existing then its fine but schedule refresh is not working at all.

Microsoft, If you do not have any solution then at least post a comment that it is a known issue and you are looking into it.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Asam, Muhammad

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier

Hey @masam,

Please refer to the Support page located here.

The following messages have been up for the last 4-5 hours:

snip3.PNG

Cheers,

Alan

v-haibl-msft
Employee

This is a known issue and the Power BI Team are working on it now. I find there are several issues already reported internally: CRI 29795847, CRI 29806369

Best Regards,

Herbert

Sandy
Impactful Individual

Hi there

This is a known issue that they are currently working on.  You can check the status at: http://support.powerbi.com

Capture.PNG

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

tommy-olsen
Advocate I

Great - Looking forward for a solution. Any news og timeline?

Bahar
Regular Visitor

Great

hope to hear about the solution soon

edge3uk
Regular Visitor

Glad this is now being noticed!