Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't login to Power BI from Teams

We have  tabs within Teams pointing to Power BI Dashboard URL's .  Starting 11/6/19 Teams is showing we couldn't sign you in.  We can connect to reports through the Power BI application option, but not to Dashboards.  Apparently something changed with the last updates.  Please advise if this is being working on.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tmyers

Based on my research, it's not supported embed a Power BI dashboard in the Teams tab.

For your issue, I would suggest you access Power BI Dashboard URL in browser directly and sign in with your Power BI account, check if you have permission to access the dashboard. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mvrali
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue it was working fine until couple weeks ago. 

wzkoral
Advocate II

We have the same.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please check your browser version, update browser to the latest version then test again. Here is a similar known issue listed in Support site: 

w6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

wzkoral
Advocate II

Hi 
I've check it in two browser Mozilla and Edge (both most actuall) still the same issue, can't login to power bi from teams. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this issue?

We really need this fixed as it used to work before.

We use the URL to load dashboards into Teams since Teams and Power BI hasn´t worked this out yet to do it just directly from the PBI icon connector for us to allow not just report sharing but also dashboard sharing.

@v-qiuyu-msft 

tmyers

Still don't see a way to connect to a Dashboard from Teams shortcut.  The temporary alternative is to keep the shortcut and then select the globe (go to website) on the far right once the shortcut is selected .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the hint @tmyers  but it´ll be nice if Power BI dev guys will help us out on this one since it was a feature that was already in it and to keep everything under one place, not multiple screens for end users.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu