Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't log into Power BI desktop. Stuck at e-mail sign in.

Hi,

I'm not able to log into Power BI desktop with my account. I've tried various other accounts and devices to log in, but the same issue still occur. I get the following error message:

Error Code: 16000
Request Id: 954dbc17-e36c-4e51-ad05-b7b4c5c26d00
Correlation Id: 67f099c3-ea7c-4256-a4e4-46cae6686618

Timestamp: 2022-02-14T12:23:02.495Z

Thanks.

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Customer is unable to sign-in in power bi desktop using account

ICM: 285762606

In the latest update of this ICM, the fix for this issue is expected to be 3/2.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
NelsonYP
Regular Visitor

Same as me there, seems once my laptop update to the latest version (Version: 2.102.622.0 64-bit (February 2022)), I am not able to get into my BI Desktop.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Do you use the Microsoft 365 account to log in to the Power BI desktop? Have you used this account to log in to the Power BI service successfully?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

ema
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Yes I am using my Microsoft 365 organization account to log in. I've previously been able to log in with both my accounts.

Goofr
Advocate IV

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with some of our client accounts.
I can succesfully sign in to the Service, but in the Desktop I keep getting the Sign in form.

The option to give up the password never displays.

If I investigate with Fiddler I'm getting:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Kind regards,

Frank Goossens

blackhawk93
Regular Visitor

Is this the same issue guys? I cant see the power BI interface.  I also upgraded to new laptop and windows 11 and installed power BI desktop. Now its not woking. i also used same 365 key for this . WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 8.32.37 PM.jpeg

eetter
Regular Visitor

Same issues here on PowerBI Desktop as @Goofr .  Stuck on looping at the email sign-in screen and the password prompt never appears.

HPSSupport

same issue here with Desktop login, stuck at the below step and clicking the Next button will jump back to the below page again, never get the chance to enter password (no issue to login Power BI Service though):

HPSSupport_0-1644987416825.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

I’m using the latest version of the Power BI desktop and I can normally sign in to my Power BI account:

vrobertqmsft_0-1644993488028.png

Have you tried to turn off the option “Enable infrastructure update preview feature” to check if this issue can disappear?

vrobertqmsft_1-1644993488032.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

NelsonYP
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft 

even i tried turn off the option “Enable infrastructure update preview feature” , i am still stuck with email sign in.

eetter
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft 

Turning off "Enable infrastructure update preview feature" does not work for me either.

I can confirm that a workaround I found in a different article is working for the time being.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/IPower-BI-Desktop-Can-t-log-in-with-user/idi-p/2303155#comme...

These steps outlined in the comments worked for me:

1: In desktop, Sign in

2: In the pop-up window, choose the account you signed in with. Then click next

3: in the same pop-up window, now click on "Can't access your account?"

4: In the next pop-up window, click on cancel

5: now, click on "use another account", add the mailaddress. and voila!