Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't get hierachy from SAP BW while can get from Tableau

Hello, all.

I'm try to get the data from SAP BW and have below error message. We have updated to latest version of SAP BW support package of 7.5. I can get the data from Tableau but I cannot get the data in Microsoft Power BI. I would appreciated if anyone could help on this topic.

SAP note number which is written in error message doesn't help, because we already upgraded to the latest version in order to solve this issue.

Thank you!!!

bw error.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As the error message mentioned, please go to SAP support site and search for 'RH161', check if there is any detail error information for this kind of error. 

Besides, there are some features are not supported or behave differently in Power BI. 

• Multiple hierarchies of a characteristic
  • Hierarchies where levels appear/disappear dynamically
  • Hierarchy versioning

For more information, please go through Support for SAP BW Features section in this whitepaper: https://aka.ms/powerbiandsapbw. Please ensure the hierarchy you want to use in Power BI is a supported feature. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous 

I faced similar issue on BW 7.4, try the program: RSR_REPAIR_INFOAREA_HIERARCHY,

If it does not works, follow this KBA: 2493403 - HIER: System error in program CL_RRHI_INCL_CREATOR_TID and form _FIND_DOUBLICATES-1-

Cause
For displaying the infoproviders for selecting Bex queries or creating reports on BW InfoProviders in many cases the virtual hierarchy INFOAREAHIER is used. There have been inconsistencies reported that caused the symptoms mentioned.
Resolution
Check if the coding corrections of SAP notes 2399896 and 1984939 are applied in your system.

Afterwards, run the report RSR_REPAIR_INFOAREA_HIERARCHY to rebuild the INFOAREAHIER.

Regards,