Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't get Data from Business Central (locale)

I am authentified via Azure AD.

I can however get the tables/data into Power BI Desktop via Odata from webservices in Business Central (locale), if i choose "Windows" as authentification.

But if i want to connect via "Business Central (locale), i cannot choose "Windows" as authentification method and using my Azure AD Name/E-mail and Password doesn't work.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please check which authentication type configured for the Business Central (on-premises) instance and find if you miss any further configurations on the machine which has Power BI desktop run follow this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/administration/users-credential-types

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for yor answer @v-qiuyu-msft ,

but i don't really understand. My BC on-premises on this local machine is set to authentification type "windows". In PowerBI i can only connect via Odata because there I also can choose "Windows" as authintification type. Why isn't it possible to choose "Windows" as authentification type when selecting Get Data -> Online Services -> Dynamics Business Central (local)  ? Or do you mean i have to buy a SSL certificate to test Power BI against Business Central on my local machine?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

As I don't have Dynamics 365 Business Central(on-premises) environment to test it currently, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu