Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't find the place to log a bug, so I'm logging it here.

Good day.

I've search for 10 minutes, and can't find the place where I need to log this bug, so I'm loggin it here.

Maybe make it easier for ppl to find the place where they need to log bugs???

On to my actual bug...

We have written a custom connector for power bi desktop, which uses OAuth authentication.

The connector has been working perfectly, up until the May release. We thought the bug would get fixed with the June release, but it persists. The April version of Power BI Desktop works perfectly.

What happens is this. When PB Desktop prompts the user to log in, they see two modal windows overlapping each other.

The user signs in to the first one, but then the second one remains on the screen, and they user thinks they should keep click on the Connect button. Eventually they quit out of frustration. See the attached screenshot.

ThinusJacobs_0-1655984731622.png

Do you guys have any recommendation on how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Thinus Jacobs

Whether it only happens in the custom connector or both in built-in connectors and custom connectors.

If it only happens in the custom connector, perhaps you need to consider sharing a sample which could reproduce this issue to submit it internal to confirm if possible, or you can create a support ticket here for direct further fast help in the end of the support page.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
ThinusJacobs

So you think 'Suggest an idea' is the same as loggin a bug/issue?

ThinusJacobs_0-1655985008979.png

Here is a suggestion. Replace all the instances of 'Ideas' on this page with the word 'Issue'.

That would avoid confusion 😉

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Whether it only happens in the custom connector or both in built-in connectors and custom connectors.

If it only happens in the custom connector, perhaps you need to consider sharing a sample which could reproduce this issue to submit it internal to confirm if possible, or you can create a support ticket here for direct further fast help in the end of the support page.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

ThinusJacobs

Update.

The May and June editions of Power BI Desktop were still breaking for us as described above.

But the July edition works perfectly.

I don't know what you guys fixed, but thanks for fixing it!

Kind regards,

Thinus Jacobs