Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't find the bell icon for creating Alert in Power Bi dashboard

I am trying to create an alert in the Power Bi dashboard, for a gaugue and other contanlty refreshing numeric data (as shown in the Power Bi documentation), but the bell icon for creating the alert is not there, (See screenshot). How is the current way of creating alerts?

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 20.06.16.png

Thanks.

Elongo

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@elongo

Did you create the alert for the dashboard tile? Alerts work for numeric tiles featuring cards, KPIs, and gauges. I can see the icon as below.

Can't find the bell icon for creating Alert in Power Bi dashboard_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am facing the same issue..Does anyone find the solution for this.. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please find the below solution that worked for me.

We have to pin visual to a dashboard using pin button shown in the below screenshot, then only we will get an option for data alerts. Please find the below screenshots for more details and please accept this as a solution if this works for you. It might help others. Thank you!

Pin Dashboard.jpg

Select an existing dashboard or create new one

Pin Visual to dashboard.jpg

On the right corner of your Power BI Service, you will get below notification. Click on "Go to dashboard"

Go to  Pinned dashboard.jpgManage Alerts.jpgAdd alert rule.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, hi, when I do the steps you included in your solution and click on 'Add alert rule' nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi@Anonymous 

Do you mean "you are not receiving alerts even after adding the alert?"