Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't download .pbix of reports that have had their datasets changed through API

I've run through several tests now and it seems like within the last couple days something has changed such that any report that has had https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/rebindreportingroup run against it can no longer be downloaded as a .pbix file. This was not the case before, as it is a core part of our workflow.

It's worth noting, you don't need to change the dataset for this error to happen. You can simply replace a report's dataset with itself and it will still lock you out. A workaround is saving a copy of that report, which re-enables the download .pbix button and working with that instead but it would be nice to know what exactly has changed such that we've lost this functionality.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 139672717. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted