Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't delete datasets

Earlier I posted a topic that I can't delete datasets. They are still there. Can somebody help me?

I can't delete two datasets from power BI service. When i try to delete those datasets, I get the following error:

Something went wrong

Please allow time for the dataset removal to be processed, and then try deleting the dataset again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDb60207c1-cda2-4457-993d-b0e74d62f1a0
Request IDbe90801a-1866-21af-b4dd-150094c44c44
Correlation IDbc62b211-27b5-3316-9a30-0f9512a9f854
Status code400
TimeFri Dec 08 2017 10:28:30 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.3328.205
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

The two datasets are not connected to any report, dashboard, content pack, an other workspace, or shared with somebody else.

Can someone help me deleting the two datasets?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check if the dataset used by an organizational content pack or a published app. Please remove the dataset from the content pack/ app  firstly then try to delete the dataset again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The dataset is not connected to anything, i have no apps and no content packs. I think this is a bug or something. And I dont know how to contact Microsoft, I am a free user.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Robbin

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried Pro trial? Do these two datasets created by yourself? 

Please run Fiddler and repeat steps to reproduce the issue, share .saz file with us. You can upload to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-qiuyu-msft,

I have the pro trail version but still cant contact Microsoft. I created the two datasets by myself.

Best regards,

Robbin

AliB
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue. Creating a dummy report from the dataset you want to delete and then deleting the dataset took care of it.postit.PNG

Jadnerb
Frequent Visitor

I am also having the same issue in the Pro (not trial) version.  I was able to delete one dataset but I need to delete two others and they don't go away.

Jadnerb
Frequent Visitor

FIXED:

I had the same issue and posted the problem.  I went back to my browser (chrome), closed the browser, reopened the browser and was able to delete two more datasets.  Not sure what is happening here but I managed to get it to work by closing and reopening the browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I tried everything at that time and nothing worked for me. So we contacted microsoft to help us. They checked everything via remote desktop and I as a user was not able to delete it, they didnt know what was going on. So at the end they did something at their side to remove it and then it was gone... So there was no solution other than them doing something at their side.

So if nothing works like at my situation, you need to contact microsoft. Good luck!

Andrew_SSFM
Frequent Visitor

After reading @Jadnerb 's post I was able to delete datasets by refreshing my browser (Chrome) between deletes.  Sometimes I could do two at a time, sometimes only one.  Definitely odd behavior, but I was able to resolve my issue with this workaround.

Anonymous
Not applicable

same thing for me, I just close browser and reopen it , it works.