Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't create the App. Template apps must have one dataset.

Hi, I have a request to create an APP from a current existing dashboard, and to share it outside my organization.

I have already created a workspace for that purpose, but when I try to create Template App I keep getting same error "Can't create the App. Template apps must have one dataset. Please make sure one dataset is included in the app, and try again."

However up to my understanding I have already two Datasets in this workspace and in the APP i'm trying to create.

Can someone please help?pic1.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the dataset meets the requirements below: 

Feature Known Limitation
Contents: Datasets Exactly one dataset should be present. Only datasets built in Power BI Desktop (.pbix files) are allowed.
Not supported: Datasets from other template apps, cross-workspace datasets, paginated reports (.rdl files), Excel workbooks
Contents: Dashboards Real-time tiles aren’t allowed (in other words, no support for push or streaming datasets)
Contents: Dataflows Not supported: Dataflows
Contents from files Only PBIX files are allowed.
Not supported: .rdl files (paginated reports), Excel workbooks
Data sources Data sources supported for cloud Scheduled Data refresh are allowed.
Not supported:
  • DirectQuery
  • Live connections (no Azure AS)
  • On-premises data sources (personal and enterprise gateways aren't supported)
  • Real time (no support for push dataset)
  • Composite models
Dataset: cross-workspace No cross-workspace datasets are allowed
Query parameters Not supported: Parameters of type "Any" or "Binary" type block refresh operation for dataset
Custom visuals Only publicly available custom visuals are supported. Organizational custom visuals not supported

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-qiuyu-msft 

I have fixed the issue by publishing a one Dataset APP. 

However my objective was to be able to have more than one Dataset in a APP that I wish to share with outside users. 

Do you have any suggestion of what might be the solution in this situation ?

Many Thanks. Hugo

Cairn73
Frequent Visitor

hello, 

I want to build also a template app to share outside my organisation.

My existing dashboard use folder with CSV as data source and i cannot generate the template app due to this restriction :

Query Parameters : Not supported: Parameters of type "Any" or "Binary" type block refresh operation for dataset

It's link with the folder data ingestion.... do you know if a workaround for this point ?

Do we have another way to load an undefine list of file include in the folder ?

Any Idea ?

Regards

S.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Template apps must have one dataset. Please make sure one dataset is included in the app, and try again

That's all you're giving me. Googling this brings me here where as per usual no one can give an answer to anything.