Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Can't create report level measure with Azure AS LQ when "Power BI Service live connect" is enabled

I awared that I can't create report level measure with Azure AS Live query mode when I enabled "Power BI Service live connect" preview feature.

I and my collegure confirmed if we set off above feature in setting dialog, we can create report level measure on our report. 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@yomatsum

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to my recorded video below. I'm using the latest July 2017 version of Power BI Desktop to connect to Azure AS Tabular in Live connection. Please let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

Note: We currently only support report measures a live connection against Analysis Services Tabular models. You won’t be able to create measures when connected to Multidimensional cubes.

Reference: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-feature-summary/#reportLevelMeasures

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

yomatsum
Employee

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for your time to my case.

Your repro steps are same as I expected.

I would say that last one peace is OS language.

I tried two languages, I can't repro in English environment, and I can repro in Japanese environment.

Best,

Yoshihiro

yomatsum
Employee

@v-haibl-msft @Vicky_Song

Today, I got Update of Power BI Desktop and I install it, then my issue was resolved by version 2.48.4792.721

Best,

Yoshihiro

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered