Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't connect to shared datasets

I am creating a new report.  Go to "Get data" > "Power BI datasets" and nothing happens no matter how long I wait.  I have done this numerous times before.  It works just fine for a dataflow.  

If I go into "Transform data" and try to add from there.  It isn't even listed as an option. 

Christi_Johnson_0-1655912513204.png

I ran the Power BI desktop repair (June exe).  Still not working as expected.  Also on the latest version of on-prem gateway. 

My only work around at the moment is to use a copy of a report that is already connected to the desired dataset.  Can anyone help me get this issue resolved?

Hi @Christi_Johnson 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved , I will change the status to "Delivered" . Thanks for your reply !

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Christi_Johnson 

You mean, you can't find the option for Power BI datasets in Get data ? 

If you can't find the corresponding option, it may be related to the fact that you have not installed Desktop correctly. Please uninstall Desktop and reinstall it.

If you created the dataset on Service and there is no way to get it in Desktop, then please confirm whether your dataset is on the new workspace. Because except the dataset on the new workspace can be shared, the rest cannot be.

Best Regards,

Christi_Johnson
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Either something was fixed on the service end or it was a credential that was cached somewhere causing the issue.  It works as expected today.  I didn't make any change.

Thanks!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Christi_Johnson 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved , I will change the status to "Delivered" . Thanks for your reply !

Best Regards,