Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't connect to Sharepoint folder since last update

Hello,

I've been using Power BI for some time and had no problems with my connections with sharepoint but since the last update i haven't been able to connect to sharepoint and all my reports use it.

the error i get is this everytime I try to create a report with a connection to sharepoint or to refresh a report

Details: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxxxxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('78b016d6-b766-46a0-b379-9f89...' (500): Internal Server Error"

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ggomez,

From your description, it seems that the issue occurs with SharePoint online, right? 

When the issue occurs, please type your Sharepoint site URL which used in SharePoint Folder data source in browser to see if you can access the site fine. 

The 500 error indicates the SharePoint online server has issue. Please test again to see if the issue still here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

THEG72
Helper V

@v-qiuyu-msft , I am seeing similar issue with an on premise web source using Web contents. Does the (500) internal server error mean anything?

It fails refreshing in the service and desktop now but its irregular and not consistently failing which makes it hard to diagnose.