Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't click on visuals

I have a Power BI file that is approx. 13MB in size. Data is imported so not linked.

After approx. 30-60 minutes of working on the file, creating visuals etc, the top 1/4 of each page stops working.

I can still click on the visuals on the bottom 3/4 of the page and any cards etc. in the top part still get filtered, but I can't click on them. It's as if there is something in front of them that is stopping me clicking on them.

Once I close the file and re-open it, the visuals/cards etc. are 'clickable' again.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Ragnarock1982,

From your description, it looks like the issue happens in Power BI desktop, right? 

Please run the latest Power BI desktop and 64 bit version (2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018)). 

Also you can test with other pbix file which file size is almost same to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Ragnarock1982
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Qiuyun Yu,

I was running the October version. I will ask our IT department to update my PC now.

I'll post back should this resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Ragnarock1982,

After you update your desktop version, also please check if the issue happen to specific pbix file or all pbix files as mentioned previously. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu