Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can not publish report : internal server error 500

doost_0-1677852625697.png

Please fix. I can't publish the new version of my report. If I publish it with a new report name, it does work.

Originally, I received the error 'Conflict', without any further explanation (since PowerBI errors are as usual quite useless). To avoid this "conflict" I deleted the report from the workspace and now I have this internal server error. Thus, another error that I can't do anything about AND the report is not in the workspace anymore. Great.

Hi @doost 

Please clear the cache in PBI Desktop then sign out your account . Then sign in again and republish the report to Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @doost 

Please clear the cache in PBI Desktop then sign out your account . Then sign in again and republish the report to Service .

Best Regards,

doost
Advocate I

Hi,

That didn't help. Also, my collegues have the same issue when trying to publish this specific report to the current workspace. Publishing into a different workspace does work.

So, I would expect the problem to be in the service, not in Desktop?

Kind regards

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @doost 

If you can upload and open it normally in other workspaces, then there is nothing wrong with the report itself. You need to check your original workspace for the report and dataset Shifup completely cleared, and you also need to clear the browser cache.

Best Regards,

doost
Advocate I

Hi,

This solution is not clear for our IT department. Can you please clarify? What do you mean with 'Shifup'?

How would clearing my browser cache fix this issue? (again, it is not only me having this issue).

Kind regards