Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can not connect to Project Online Power BI Content Pack

HI

While trying the new content pack i enter the Project Online Tenant URL but the content pack can not connect to tenants. I first used Basic authentication which gave me below error show in Image 1.

Capture2.JPGImage 1:

Capture2.JPG

Using OAuth authentication gave error shown in image 2.

Capture1.JPG

I tried other authentication also but not able to connect.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @swati,

Based on my test, use OAuth2 is able to get Project online content pack on my side. In your scenario, please clear browser cache, open IE in private mode, then connect to project online content pack again with OAuth2 authentication. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

swati
Regular Visitor

Hi Vicky

Clearing cache does not and opening in IE Private mode, does not help. I yet gate same error while using OAuth.

Please refer below image:

Capture3.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @swati,

When we connect to Project online content pack, we need to enter the URL for the Project Web Add (PWA). From the screenshot, it seems you don't use PWA URL. Please follow this blog to find your PWA URL then try again.  

q3.PNG

Also you can try the PWA URL  appended with /_api/ProjectData in desktop use OData to usee if you can get data successfully. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

swati
Regular Visitor

hi @v-qiuyu-msft

For logging i enter the tenant URL only i.e. https://[mytenant].sharepoint.com/sites/EPM in next click the URL gets changed to _api/ProjectData automatically.

EPM is my test Project Online Tenant. I also tried with https://[mytenant].sharepoint.com/sites/pwa  this is another tenant i am having. But on both tenants i get same error.

Capture4.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @swati,

Have you tried follow the blog mentioned previously to find the actual PWA URL of site EPM? If you type the correct PWA URL but issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

swati
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

It didn't work with IE, i no tried in Chrome and it worked. Seems some issue with IE. In IE it navigates to open the login page when we slect oAuth authentication and then it gives error.

Finally i could configure it on my tenant.

Thanks & Regards

Swati