Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Can Not Expand Data Fields Pane or Visualization Pane in the Power BI Service

It seems a recent update to the Power BI Service has a bug in it. We can no longer expand the Data Fields or Visualization pane when editing a report in the PBI Service. We have tried in Chrome and Edge with the same results. Please fix soon!

Comments
CEP_FORMATION

Hello,

It's the same thing for me : no more 11 caractersCapture.JPG

mcalland
Regular Visitor

Does anyone have any idea on the turnaround time for this sort of fix? Causing major problems in our organisation. 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. The same issue. I confirm. @mcalland Workaroud for most important reports can be:1. Open particular report in PBI Desktop ->File->Options and Settings ->Options->Preview features-> Enable New filter Experience

2. Save and publish the report

3. Workspaces-> your workspace->reports->the particular report->Click on settings icon->Set 'Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report' slider to on.

4. (maybe works without it) Update App

After that you can use new filter pane which is resizable.

mcalland
Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying @Anonymous Im afraid i dont have the option to enable 'New filter experience'

I only have the below :

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcalland  which is your PBI Desktop version? My version is: Version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019)

Maybe you use July version, then just republish the report from PBI Desktop and enable 'Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report' on PBI service side (https://app.powerbi.com/)

mcalland
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous I have version Version: 2.71.5523.821 64-bit (July 2019) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcalland  just republish the report from PBI Desktop and 'Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report' on PBI service side (the report -> settings icon) (https://app.powerbi.com/)

s1.pngs2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks nsbars, what you described worked to enable the Filters option but it doesn't solve the problem of not being able to expand the Visualizations or Fields panels to see the full field names.

mcalland
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous @Anonymous Im seeing the same thing as Bill, Still unable to expand the visualisations. Thanks

drum1010
Advocate II

having the same issue. We have some data sets with almost 100 fields and due to the way they are named, most start with the same 11 characters... seems to be no workaround. please fix soon!