Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calculation Groups Break Smart Narrative for Text Measures.

To recreate.

Insert a simple measure that returns text.

Measure = "Test"

Add the measure to a smart narrative.

lasersharks_0-1667031196716.png

Create a calculation group with a calculation item (it can be anything).

lasersharks_1-1667031267798.png

Refresh and observe that smart narrative is now broken.

lasersharks_2-1667031279587.png

Hi @lasersharks 

I don't quite understand that step where you create the calculation. Where did you create this calculation and what is the result you are trying to achieve ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @lasersharks 

I don't quite understand that step where you create the calculation. Where did you create this calculation and what is the result you are trying to achieve ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

The calculation item is created using Tabular Editor. Calculation Groups are supported in Power BI but have to be created in an external tool. Creating a calculation item breaks the smart narrative if a measure returns text. Follow the steps to recreate exactly and please raise with the internal team as this is definitely a bug.

kjaniak

I'm running into this same issue. Has anyone found a workaround? Is there any hope that this bug will be fixed in a future release? It's preventing me from using calculation groups at all in most of my reporting.

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

From memory, I think the fix (which you have to keep doing) is change the Q&A language back to whatever it was (in my case English).