Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calculated column incorrect calculation mixed storage mode

I have two tables: ACTRANS (transaction table, direct query mode) and ACTIVITY (kind of accounts table, import mode), they are related two each other using many-to-many relationship with ACTIVITY filters ACTRANS table.

I added calculated column in ACTIVITY Table with following formula

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(ACTRANS))

Such formula incorrectly calculates number of transcations in ACTRANS table. When i changed ACTRANS from direct query to import mode, formula calculates accurately.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@bogomda,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, you can test my PBIX file in your Desktop.

Could you please share sample data of the two tables so that I can test? Also we need to know what field you use to create relationship between the tables.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

bogomda
Helper II

Lydia,

See excel file with attached snaps to address your questions and more details - File with details

What’s interesting that when I change ACTRANS table into import mode, it calculates accurate results.

Danil Bogomazov

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@bogomda,

Could you please share sample data of  your original tables which I can copy and paste? I will test it in my Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

bogomda
Helper II

Lydia,

here are two files with same sample data. Only difference in files is DQ vs Import mode

DQ mode

Import Mode

Again, switching from DQ to Import mode result in different numbers on visual.

Thanks for your help!

bogomda
Helper II

Lydia,

were you able to replicate the issue or need more information?

Danil

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@bogomda,

Thanks for sharing me the PBIX file. When I drag count calcaulted column to the Matrix visual you create, the column returns same result in mix mode and import mode. I am using Power BI Desktop (2.64.5285.741 ), do you use this specific version?

Regards,
Lydia

bogomda
Helper II

Lydia, my version is 2.64.5285.582 64-bit (November 2018)

it shows accurate result at total level (not filter context applied) but inaccurate results individiual activity Group level (results are missing)

Capture.PNG

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@bogomda,

Based on my test, both modes shows same data in the table visual. Please update your Power BI Desktop to latest version and check if the issue still persists.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia