Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CRI 37729276 - Failure to Refresh

How can I get an updated status for ticket CRI 37729276?  It was an accepted issue on 5/17/2017, but I have not received any update since on the original thread where the issue was accepted:

Original Thread

It has been 3 months without any updates and additional users have posted to the thread that are experiencing the same/similar issues.

@madhana_nitiyan

@gmwashburn

@v-haibl-msft

@Vicky_Song

Thanks!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nbailey

I've sent mail to the product team to see if there is any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nbailey

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

We did make a related change for the September release which might also resolve this.

Best Regards,
Herbert

nbailey
Advocate I

FYI, I think I just stumbled upon a work around!

I was in Options and Settings > Options > Current File > Data Load

In this screen, there is an option for "Parallel loading of tables" - I disabled this setting (unchecked the box) and I can FINALLY refresh my data model in the latest version of PowerBI Desktop!!  It takes a little longer to refresh my data, but not much.

Makes sense that this would resolve the issue based on the errors I was getting when trying to load, but I didn't realize this option even existed.  Disappointed that someone from Microsoft couldn't suggest this...

PowerBI Desktop Data Load Setting.jpg

KHaber11
Regular Visitor

I was having the same issue, and "Turning off parallel loading of tables" seemed to be a temporary fix...

However, with the September 2017 update of Power Bi, it seems to be reverting back to the original problem.  I am not able to refresh my Access backend (located on a network) if there is more than 1 person attempting to simultaneously refresh. 

I am again getting the error "Database has been placed in a state by user "Admin" on computer "xxx" that prevents it from being opened or locked."  (Note--all permissions are set to "full" for the network database, so it shouldnt lock when users access it).

Are there any other fixes anyone has discovered?? If not, can this defect be logged again to hopefully be fully resolved?

@nbailey

@v-haibl-msft

nbailey
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft indicated a potential fix in the September release, but it sounds like it made it worse for you @KHaber11.

I just did testing on the September release in my enviornment - whatever fix they put in place didn't work as I still cannot refresh with the parallel loading of tables enabled.  However keeping that feature off continues to allow me to refresh my data model as a workaround.