Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CQD Data Connector issue

I am using two CQD account with two diffrent accecibility levels, I have noticed that if i change the Data Source Credentails it is automatically applied to all dashboard published under my name even on two work spaces. One of my Account with PII information and Other With out PII hence it is very much needed for me to hide PII informations those who restriced to drilldown PII data. But now all dashboreds are taking my Credentails with PII, Can you please have a detailed investigation and seperate each Data Source Credentails dependent to the data set using. 

Hi @paullibin07 ,

Don't think you can do this, as the following says "you can only have one set of credentials for per data source", you can't set different accounts.

vmengzhumsft_0-1664776183734.png

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

@paullibin07 ,

Hi, what are your needs? Do you want to make a permission setting for the data and hide some private data?

Best regards,

paullibin07

@v-mengzhu-msft ,
I am an trying to use multiple data source account with in same workspace. As i tested its automatically featching the latest account credetails to all datasets published in the same account. Not sure its same on design. But it will be great if we can split and use diffrent credetails for each data set will be great. I have mainly noticed this issue when i add data set using Call Quality Dashboard Connector. 

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @paullibin07 ,

Don't think you can do this, as the following says "you can only have one set of credentials for per data source", you can't set different accounts.

vmengzhumsft_0-1664776183734.png

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,