Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Buttons used with bookmarks don't always render correctly in Chrome

I'm using buttons to toggle between visuals on a report page.  They work fine in IE, Firefox, and Edge but do not render consistently in Chrome.  

For purposes of this example, I've put an * by the deselected option.  The three screen shots show Option 1 (working), Option 2 (working) and Option 2 (failing to render).  The failure to render is seen when clicking the button and may take a number of clicks to appear - between 1 and 30.  Clicking another visual and sometimes the button itself will cause the drawing error to be corrected.

Button Option 1.PNGButton Option 2.PNGButton error.PNG

For each toggle option, there are two buttons, one showing "selected" and the other "deselected".  Each deselected button has an action to invoke a bookmark, hiding the deselected button and revealing the selected button and associated visual.  The buttons are configured with the fill set to gray and the text to white.  The fill setting is the same for all three states (default, hover, and selected).

Other observations:

The associated visuals need to have a certain amount of data for the problem to manifest.  An example without data does not show the problem.

The buttons go through a state that looks like the error shown above in the other browsers but don't stay in that configuration.

Thanks,

Leslie

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lambrose,

Would you please use some dummy data to create a report which can reproduce the issue and share the pbix file with us? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

lambrose
Regular Visitor

My apologies for being slow to respond.  

This issue appears to have been resolved with the August 2018 release of Power BI!  The problem appeared to have some network cause, as it was easy to recreate within our network, but not elsewhere.

Thanks,

Leslie