Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Button - alignment and rounding issues with Sept 21 release

With the new update for buttons, we have two issues with formatting. Both of these are with the rectangle shape, but may apply on others.

1) For text, if there's any word wrapping then the left or right alignment is ignored and it is only centered. Prior to the latest button release this wasn't an issue. After the Sept Desktop release, this is the same behavior in both desktop and the service. 

2) Round Edges doesn't seem to apply any longer. See screenshot with 9px rounding that shows correctly within the desktop app, but not in the service.

shawnmarx_0-1632323560622.png

shawnmarx_3-1632323603208.png

shawnmarx_1-1632323574871.png

shawnmarx_2-1632323598050.png

shawnmarx_4-1632323636891.png

Comments
GF-PBI
Regular Visitor

I experienced the same issues with square buttons today. The pill shape works in the service but the text drops to the bottom of the button. The new shape shadow and glow properties do not seem to work. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

According to my test, it seems all good on my side:

In desktop:

vrobertqmsft_0-1632383391172.png

In service

vrobertqmsft_1-1632383391176.png

What’s your service version?

I also suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop then publish the report again and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

mvarela
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue,in desktop and service buttons are displaying just fine 

mvarela_0-1632386302814.png

but we use power bi embeded for our website and round edges in outline doesn't work anymore:

mvarela_1-1632386388887.png

We have tried to solve it using border properties instead of outline. This way round edges work but alignement doesn't, so the buttons look very bad and you can't realize it till the report is deployed.

shawnmarx
Advocate I

@v-robertq-msft 
1) In the example screenshot you gave, you also show the same issue regarding text alignment. It shows left alignment (which is the goal) in the desktop screenshot but not the service screenshot.

2) I tested again on the button and found that directly in the service it's fine, but the Rectangle shape losses it's Round edges when running the report within embed. This can be reproduced in the PBI Playground. 

One other update regarding rounded edges - I tested the shape "Rounded Rectangle" and got the same exact results. This is using the Sept desktop release and the service version: 13.0.16777.77. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my test in the embed playground, the text box seems to disappear correctly on my side:

vrobertqmsft_0-1632450330456.png

But the button left alignment is a real issue in the Power BI service and embed, I will write an email and submit an ICM on this issue. So stay tuned.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

wknelson
Advocate II

Having a similiar issue - in the workspace the icon hex shape looks good. Publishing publicly the icon becomes a rectangle.

Hex icon.pngRectangle icon.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 263307600

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

shreyas4315
Regular Visitor

Yes we are facing the same issue. The corners on buttons are no longer rounded when the report is published to web. Although, they do appear to have rounded corners when viewing inside the powerbi service. I have attached screenshots for both. 

When Published to Web:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 4.39.43 PM.png

Inside the Service:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 4.40.49 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msftwe are seeing some of the same issues with the September update.

The button text is no longer left aligned if it wraps - it is centered. There may also be an issue with vertical alignment. It appears there is too much padding. In the example below you can see the "g" in "Target" is cut off. It had not been cut off prior to the September update. You can also see the text is centered in the button below it when it should be left aligned. The "Target List" button is still aligned left because its text does not wrap.

button_alignment_issue.png

When the background is turned on the padding issue is easier to see:
button_alignment_issue_2.png

It appears this way in all places: the Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and the published app

euzebyolyra
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft 

Do we have any prediction of an answer or fix?

This issue began close to 09/18/2021 .

Thnx in advance