Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bullet Chart not filtering year on YOY measure calculation

I have a YOY measure using DAX that is displaying fine in a table.  I want to put it in the bullet chart as a KPI and islate only the 2018 year.  The filter works fine in the table but it does not seem to be recognized in the bullet chart and instead the bullet chart returns the average of all years despite the filter being set to one individual year.  I created a sample dashboard showing the issue - I didn't apply the filter to the table to better display the data in case it is something about the values that are throwing off the chart.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjk3ZThmM2YtODJkZC00ZDUxLTlmMTktN2QxYzhhYzk1YWIyIiwidCI6IjhjM...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ahumke,

I see there are many YOY measures in the bullet chart, which specific "YOY measure" do you mean? Please points out where the issue is in the report. 

Also please share pbix file if possible. You can upload it to your OneDrive and share the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

ahumke
Helper I

Here are the links:

PBIX

Excel File

I used two YOY measures but both have the same issues- on the second one YOYCompletion - I made it so the word "Infinity" doesn't show up and capped it at 10.  You can see the differences in the table.

Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ahumke,

The slicer can filter bullet chart well. Would you please points out where the issue is? 

q6.PNGq7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

ahumke
Helper I

I was trying to filter at the visual level (not a user control filter/slicer).  I did eventually get it to work by creating a separate date table.  I think there is something about the heirarchy that makes the bullet chart stop filtering.

Thanks!