Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bullet Chart Custom Visual no longer appearing on BI Server but still in BI Desktop

Hello,

Since last Thursday/Friday (9/10th August 2018) the custom Microsoft visual Bullet Chart has stopped appearing on one of my operational dashboards. The visual still appears just fine after data loads/refreshed within Power BI Desktop just once published does not show up (see screenshots). Issue is experienced by myself as report owner and also by my report users so not related to my account or machine...The report has been operational for almost a year with this visual and never had an issue?

Online:

Online.jpg

Desktop:

Desktop.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

vancromy

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vancromy,

Based on my test, the bullet chart works on Power BI service.  Please download this sample report and publish it to your Power BI service, check if the same issue occurs. 

q3.PNG

Please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018), then republish the report to Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vancromy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for getiting back to me so quickly. I can confirm that uploading the sample report to my service worked and the custom visual is functional. However my own dashboard is still not functioning (even after a re-publish). I've noticed though that I have the custom visual in the same report but on a different tab and there it is functional on the service. So it is only that one tab of the report on Power BI Service where the custom visual does not appear. Any ideas?

I'm on March 2018 version and updating is not an option because central IS at my company govern update roll-outs.

Thanks,

Yann

vancromy
Frequent Visitor

Solved this issue through guidance internally. The reason this happened is because I hadn't filled the category label field whereas on the other tabs I had. Strange that the visual worked without a category field all this time?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vancromy,

I can reproduce the issue if the Category bucket doesn't contain any field. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 80503764. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vancromy,

On 8/28 a fix for described issue should be deployed to prod. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vancromy,

Please test again on your side. The issue should be fixed now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu