Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug with slicer and Bookmark in Service

In the Power BI Service, I have uploaded a project that utilized a bookmark to reset several slicers on a page.  This works smoothly in Desktop, but in the service, it does not function reliably.  Is there a workaround for this, or is this a known issue?  

Using the standard drop down slicer and no custom visuals.  

Thanks,

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @rmccormick,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 56895670 and CRI 56895193.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am experiencing the same issues. The bookmarks work in the Power BI Desktop report but in the Power BI Service is behaves erratically with some Bookmark items randomly not working.

Kind Regards, Drickus

Ebrahim
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am experiencing the same issues. The bookmarks work in the Power BI Desktop report but in the Power BI Service it randomly returns incorrect info.

Regards, Ebrahim

StephanieGiovan
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue with the bookmarks. Works great in desktop but not so smoothly in service.

Stephanie Giovannitti

StephanieGiovan
Frequent Visitor

This problem is even worse with the January update. Now bookmarks that worked previously in desktop no longer work. Rather than clearing the filters, it remembers the last filter applied. However, it will clear some of the filters applied. For example, if I select the date and an item from a drop-down slicer, it clears the date but not the item from the drop-down slicer. Sometimes it goes the other way.

Stephanie G

MarcoPolo
Regular Visitor

Still  doesn't work. That makes very dangerous to use bookmarks, especially when you want to erase all filters.....

PLEASE : SOLVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!

TravisFullerton
Regular Visitor

Any update on this? We heavily rely on this feature to reset our multiple slicers!

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the version 2.54.4970.961 (January 2018) that is released in 19 Jan. Please download and try it out. If you still have issue, please try to recreate the bookmarks.

Best Regards,

Dale

MarcoPolo
Regular Visitor

Hi Dale,

Sadly the same issues remain. I’ve recreated all the bookmarks and the behavior is still unpredictable... very annoying...

Thanks for your help !

Marc