Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug with request to sharepoint? - 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS

Hi, I have a dataflow that worked for 3 days, from today this error occurs suddenly, nothing has been changed in the source and steps.
Why is this happening? This is the first time I encountered this error.

Error: Data Source Error : DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS)

Here are my steps:

let
    Source = SharePoint.Contents("https://danone-my.sharepoint.com/personal/amparo_cornejo_danone_com/", [ApiVersion = 14]),
    Documents = Source{[Name="Documents"]}[Content],
    #"Weekly Global EU Power BI" = Documents{[Name="Weekly Global EU Power BI"]}[Content],
    #"Clusters Weekly Files" = #"Weekly Global EU Power BI"{[Name="Clusters Weekly Files"]}[Content],
    #"IBERIA Weekly Files" = #"Clusters Weekly Files"{[Name="FRANCE Weekly Files"]}[Content],
  #"Filtered rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"IBERIA Weekly Files", each not Text.Contains([Name], "~$")),
    #"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered rows", each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
    #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File"each FunctionInvokeAfter(()=>#"Transform File"([Content]),druation(0,0,0,1))),
    #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name""Source.Name"}),
    #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name""Transform File"}),
    #"Removed Errors" = Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(#"Removed Other Columns1", {"Transform File"}),
    #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Errors", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File"))),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name""Plant"}}),
    #"Extracted Text Before Delimiter" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Renamed Columns", {{"Plant"each Text.BeforeDelimiter(_, "."), type text}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Extracted Text Before Delimiter",{{"Plant"type text}, {"KPI"type text}, {"Week"type text}, {"Value"type number}}),
    #"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", {{"Value"null}})
in
    #"Replaced Errors"

429 error indicates that too many requests have been sent in a certain period of time. When many refresh plans are refreshed at the same time, the model used for refresh will be loaded. Once there are too many models in the memory, the memory will become full. The model generated by the subsequent refresh operation cannot be loaded and enters a queued state, so that the report will be loaded slowly or fail.

You can try to refresh this data source in some other time ranges to check this issue again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
bbouthiller
Regular Visitor

Also having this issue since a few weeks.

Nothing has been changed from my side. 

Surely this must be an error from the Microsoft side. 

JensFF
Regular Visitor

Hi Team

I have the same issue with my data.
The first time the refresh failed was on August 26, 2022.

My reports/Visuals have worked for more than a year.

Please help!

JensFF_0-1662978053066.png

Status September 14 - my Scheduled refresh works now - so I do not have an issue anymore. Thx. for the help.

mjl8489
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. I have several dataflows that were all working for about 6 months. They have all started failing refresh and returning a 429 error since 8/30/22. 

I have tried spreading out the refreshes, changing refresh times to middle of the night when no other refreshes are occurring, and adding Binary.Buffer to Csv.Document and nothing has made any difference. 

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

truongj
Regular Visitor

Adding my name to the list of people having similar issues as well.  It must have been from a recent change because the reports were refreshing without error just fine prior to ~3 weeks ago.  I started getting multiple refresh failure notifications more recently.

For now, I've lowered the number of scheduled refreshes to "off times", but please let me know if there are changes we need to make in order to prevent this issue from continuing to occur.

bfsantos
Regular Visitor

@truongj @mjl8489 

Changing SP implementation to v2.0 seems to have fixed it for me.

changed from 

= SharePoint.Tables("https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/****", [Implementation=null, ApiVersion=15])

to

SharePoint.Tables("https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/****", [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="All"])

note the names of the columns retrieved might be different, it's easier to rename them (in m query use Table.RenameColumns) to the original names you were using instead of having to recreate the links  

mz_1122
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue for this past 2 weeks too. Hopefully this can be resolve soon.

Changing the SP inplementation might not work, as most of my datasource are getting source from SharePoint Folder, not Sharepoint List.

For now i bypass most of the dataset refresh by refreshing the pbix file and re-publish to the service instead with multiple attempts.

brjohns3

I am also having this issue and was not previously.  I have a folder of excel files on sharepoint that I am importing/combining into powerbi and I'm now getting the "429" error.  It has otherwise worked fine for the last year.

truongj
Regular Visitor

@bfsantos Thank you for the recommendation.  I made the change to update the query Source to incorporate the [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="All"] and my datasets have not errored out since making the change.  I'll continue to keep an eye on it, but it appears to have fixed the 429 ERROR issue for now

kevingut12

@bfsantos  Im using sharepoint folders, so, = SharePoint.Tables.... is not working for me, do you know something about = SharePoint.Folders ?