Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug with request to sharepoint? - 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS

Hi, I have a dataflow that worked for 3 days, from today this error occurs suddenly, nothing has been changed in the source and steps.
Why is this happening? This is the first time I encountered this error.

Error: Data Source Error : DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS)

Here are my steps:

let
    Source = SharePoint.Contents("https://danone-my.sharepoint.com/personal/amparo_cornejo_danone_com/", [ApiVersion = 14]),
    Documents = Source{[Name="Documents"]}[Content],
    #"Weekly Global EU Power BI" = Documents{[Name="Weekly Global EU Power BI"]}[Content],
    #"Clusters Weekly Files" = #"Weekly Global EU Power BI"{[Name="Clusters Weekly Files"]}[Content],
    #"IBERIA Weekly Files" = #"Clusters Weekly Files"{[Name="FRANCE Weekly Files"]}[Content],
  #"Filtered rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"IBERIA Weekly Files", each not Text.Contains([Name], "~$")),
    #"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered rows", each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
    #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File"each FunctionInvokeAfter(()=>#"Transform File"([Content]),druation(0,0,0,1))),
    #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name""Source.Name"}),
    #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name""Transform File"}),
    #"Removed Errors" = Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(#"Removed Other Columns1", {"Transform File"}),
    #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Errors", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File"))),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name""Plant"}}),
    #"Extracted Text Before Delimiter" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Renamed Columns", {{"Plant"each Text.BeforeDelimiter(_, "."), type text}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Extracted Text Before Delimiter",{{"Plant"type text}, {"KPI"type text}, {"Week"type text}, {"Value"type number}}),
    #"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", {{"Value"null}})
in
    #"Replaced Errors"

429 error indicates that too many requests have been sent in a certain period of time. When many refresh plans are refreshed at the same time, the model used for refresh will be loaded. Once there are too many models in the memory, the memory will become full. The model generated by the subsequent refresh operation cannot be loaded and enters a queued state, so that the report will be loaded slowly or fail.

You can try to refresh this data source in some other time ranges to check this issue again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

429 error indicates that too many requests have been sent in a certain period of time. When many refresh plans are refreshed at the same time, the model used for refresh will be loaded. Once there are too many models in the memory, the memory will become full. The model generated by the subsequent refresh operation cannot be loaded and enters a queued state, so that the report will be loaded slowly or fail.

You can try to refresh this data source in some other time ranges to check this issue again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Mateusz_Płonka
Advocate I

But the point is there is too much refresh from one account on all onedrives or on this one?

Mateusz_Płonka
Advocate I

Or is it possible to connect immediately to the target folder on OneDrive, instead of going step by step to reduce the queries sent to the server?

Joerg
Helper I

Hi

I have exactly the same error message.

My dataflow is querying a sharepoint list and worked since months,

now - since August 29th - I get the "too many requests" error.

Nothing changed, no other queries running, no other refreshes.

What is going wrong here ?

It is curious that the time when it occurred to me is more or less identical to that of Mateusz.

Joerg

Gamebit80
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I have the same issue since friday (02/09/2022).

The dashboard was working fine on 26/08/2022.

The error:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS).

Best Regards,

Hugo Silva

cxMichael
Regular Visitor

Hi

I have the same issue since 28.08.2022. The error occurs with different dataflows in different workspaces with different users. 

Any updates?

Best Regards,

Michael 

cbrsmus195
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue 2022/09/08.  This occured on two different Workspaces.  Is there an answer for this issue?

Regards,

cb

bfsantos
Regular Visitor

The first method started giving me the 429 error since last week, a workaround that seems to have fixed it is to change to v2.

from 

= SharePoint.Tables("https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/****", [Implementation=null, ApiVersion=15])

to

SharePoint.Tables("https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/****", [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="All"])

note the names of the columns retrieved might be different, it's easier to rename them (in m query use Table.RenameColumns) to the original names you were using instead of having to recreate the links  

kevingut12

Im getting the same isssue, no matter the user that refresh the report, no matter the time I schedule the refresh.

DataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx')/RenderListD...' (429): . 

Is there any update? 

Is something in Power BI desktop or in Power BI Service?

ganeshwadkar
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,

I am also facing same issue from last few days. can you please look into the issue.

DataSource.Error: <ccon>SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429). (429 TOO MANY REQUESTS). DataSourceKind = SharePoint