Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug with NULL and åäö

Hi,

I am having a very strange problem when trying to display data from as SSAS multidimensional cube in Power BI Desktop (and in report server). The issue occurs when data regarding NULL and åäö (swedish signs) are combined in a matrix visualisation. If the value in a cell of a column is NULL, the value in the following column on that row is not showing. It appears to be NULL as well. But that only occurs if the following column has a column name that includes å,ä or ö. If I rename the column name by excluding å,ä,ö the correct value is shown. 

I have not yet understood why this is happening or how I can prevent it (without renaming all my dimension/attributes/measures) or even exactly when this issue occurs. Can someone out there help me to understand what is going on...? Or is it just a strange bug in the application?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TomasJussing

Is it possible to create a SSAS model with some dummy data? If possible, please share .abf file of the model with us so we can test it on our side. You can upload .abf file to your OneDrive and paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

TomasJussing

Thank you for answering. I think it might be a big effort for me to arrange a model with the dummy data that is needed. Would it be of any help with screenshots? Below is an example where the first image shows NULL in the column "Ack År" on the 7th row. The second image shows the same table, I have only renamed the column in the SSAS model to "Ack zr". Then is shows the correct value of 24. And as I said earlier, it seems to have something to do with the fact that the previous column has NULL on that row.

bug2.JPGbug1.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TomasJussing

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered