Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug with Filled Map with States values on Internet Explorer

I think i found a bug with the Filled Map on Internet Explorer.

When i add a list of states name (AK, VT, NY, etc...), categorized as "State or Province" to a Filled Map, the map is shown correctly in PowerBI Desktop. But on the online portal, only in Internet Explorer, the states are not shown correctly.

Power BI Desktop 2.45.4704.442 32-bitPower BI Desktop 2.45.4704.442 32-bitPortal with Chrome 57.0.2987.133Portal with Chrome 57.0.2987.133Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0Portal with Internet Explorer 11.1066.14393.0Portal with Internet Explorer 11.1066.14393.0

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

Thank you

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I cannot repro this issue in IE on my side. Please refer to my screenshot below. Could you please provide your PBIX file or some sample data which can be used to repro to me?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using this .pbix :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiC4h8X_PmBFgYBKArfLn9rjbJ1eew

This is the results on different browser after the publish :

ChromeChromeFirefoxFirefoxEdgeEdgeInternet ExplorerInternet Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vicky_Song any news on that?

Thank you

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I tried with your PBIX file but still cannot repro the same issue on my side. The visuals displayed in PBI Desktop and Service are same. Please refer to my screenshots below.

If issue persists, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered