Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug when text string >=512 characters

When a text value in a column is 512 or more characters long it starts getting duplicated and overwriting other values in the column.

In the pic below the column limited to 511 characters shows the correct text, but when the limit is 512 characters any values that hit this limit start getting duplicated and overwriting other rows in the column. The amount of other rows, and which ones, that get overwritten seems to be pretty random.

Capture.JPG

I was initially using version 2.71 (July 2019) and have updated to the latest version, 2.75.5649.961 64-bit (November 2019). The bug is present in both. A fix for this would be great as it means I can't display full text values on my dashboards.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@markmacardle 

The latest version of Power BI Desktop seems to work fine for me. You could also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

markmacardle
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft  I did try updating and still seeing the issue. The data is imported from a BigQuery table, maybe that affects reproducing the issue.