Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug or else... on "Resources Exceeded" - Requested 1048583KB, Limit 1048576KB

Hello,

I have a simple aging report for about 700 clients and a measrure that calculates 9 periods for "dynamic aging" (based on selected date). The fact table have about 250k rows. The saved PBIX file about 35 MB and a single matrix visual on a single page along with a date slicer.

On the desktop all is fine, until I publish the report and cannot display the matrix because of the "Resource exceeded" error.

Resources Exceeded

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
More detailsResource Governing: The memory used by the query exceeded the configured limit. The query or calculations referenced by it might be too memory intensive. Please consider simplifying the query or calculations. If the dataset is hosted on a dedicated capacity/server, you may also reach out to your capacity/server administrator to see if the per-query memory limit can be increased. Additional information: Requested 1048583KB, Limit 1048576KB.
Activity ID379c34d9-4803-41a0-ac2a-28aa93afe139
Correlation ID965a7147-ce0b-d1f1-bf68-e07ca4ea9769
Request ID821edb2c-ad26-08d8-a02b-eb4f8c457ee1
TimeThu Jun 04 2020 22:31:18 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)
Service version13.0.13456.212
Client version2005.4.01272-train
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

The detailed error is interesting: "Requested 1048583KB, Limit 1048576KB" so for a 7KB difference I sould pay for dedicated capacity?... 

I have more complex reports that runs fine but a simpler one did not?... what is the catch?... What am I missing?

I have tried to filter "zero values" but the eror is the same. If I put a client name slicer I could select about 25 of them until the matrix will crush.

Is there a way to solve the 7KB difference and make the report work online?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

Comments
Lucian
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

Thank you for the great articles you recommended, unfortunately did not help and I have to find another approach for this problem.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

siva6063
Regular Visitor

HI Lucian

Could you please share how did you tackle this issue? I'm facing a similar (i think same) error but 2kb instead of 7 🙂

Resource Governing: The memory used by the query exceeded the configured limit. The query or calculations referenced by it might be too memory intensive. Please consider simplifying the query or calculations. If the dataset is hosted on a dedicated capacity/server, you may also reach out to your capacity/server administrator to see if the per-query memory limit can be increased. Additional information: Requested 6291458KB, Limit 6291456KB.

Lucian
Responsive Resident

Hi @siva6063 ,

The good news is that grouping in PowerQuery or SUMMARIZE with DAX I have managed to get one report working.

The bad news is that for another report the same trick was useless because had a lot more data. Probably in this case I will have to use two summarized tables - one with reduced granularity to the year level and one for the current year at month level - but I didn't tryied yet to see if this approach will work.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

siva6063
Regular Visitor

Thanks Lucian !!

This is really killing 🙂 

Not sure if Microsoft will look into this. How can we limit reports further when we have already reached the last step of limiting the data to display. Honestly this is the first reporting system im seeing with so many restrictions over all. 

Have a Great day !

Lucian
Responsive Resident

Hi @siva6063 ,

Microsoft will not look into this, because I have opened an ticket and they respond promptly: if you need more resources than available to Power BI plan, there is another "relaxed" plan: Power BI Premium 😉

So, as long as you could optimize it, you could stick to the Power BI PRO, otherwise, you'll have to go to "premium".

Kind Regards,

Lucian