Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in the new native hierarchical slicer

I have tried a 3 and 4 level hierarchy in the new native hierarchy slicer and using it with multiple item selection.   I'll start with all items selected, then going through to deselect items i dont want.

I've noticed if i only deselect items at level 4, it works fine.  As soon as i then make a deselect something at level 3, it no longer works properly and all items deselected then show up in all other visuals.  It seems to be happeneing when i do deselections at different levels of the hierarchy.  

See the video showing the error.  I confirmed it in multiple dashboards.

https://youtu.be/5OTA4_wPBTo

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@jvirgi ,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce this issue. When I deselect the 3rd level, rows related disappear in other visuals as expected like snapshot below. My power bi version is 2.81.5831.821 64-bit (May 2020). Could you more details and sample data?

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

jvirgi
Helper III

@v-yuta-msft Hi Jimmy - I have the same version installed.

I see the issue specifically when making deselections at DIFFERENT levels of hierarchy (doesn't seem to be tied to having 4 levels).  If I only deselect at 1 level, it works totally fine.   

Additionally, it seems its may only happen when making deselections.  If i start from nothing selected and add items at different levels, it seems to work appropriately.

Here is another video with more detail:   Video showing more detail: https://youtu.be/Ovd2Hw12k-E 

Here is the PBIX i am using to show the error:   Hierarchical Slicer Issue PBIX 

Screenshot below shows actually when i had one item deselected at level 4, then i clicked on the select all to deselect everything, all items remain even though none are selected.

slicer issue.png