Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Matrix totals - Occurs Only at Power BI Embedded

There is a bug in the matrix that shows the (sub)totals in Power BI Embedded wrong. It only happens in Power BI Embedded. In Power BI Desktop and PowerBI.com it works good.

The matrix shows a 0 or a 1 or a really big number in the totals like the picture  below shows. The setup of the columns(measures) are:

Column "Aantal inspecties" is a sum.

Column "Gemiddelde van Behaald %" is a average.

Column "Winkels met acties niet op tijd" is a sum.

And the wrong totals changes when we switch the sorting on the column to a different column. I think it only happens when we put directly measures on the columns. I build this report in Version: 2.51.4885.543 64-bit (oktober 2017)

Could you please fix this problem.

Matrix_Shows_Wrong_Totals.png

Comments
Eric_Zhang
Employee

@LHollak

Could you give more clarification?

1. Does the Power BI Embedded refer to Power BI Embedded(an Azure Service) or Power BI Service embedding scenarios?
  2. Can you share the pbix file to help reproduce this issue?

LHollak
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply.

Power BI Embedded refers to Power BI Embedded (the Azure service). So we have uploaded a report (which i will share) in the Azure BI workspace. And that report we integrated into a portal and that report is showing the wrong totals.

And i find out that it only happens when if the report is in Direct Query mode. The report connects to an Azure DB.