Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug in March 2018 PBIRS Releas: Export Data not working

After updating to the March 2018 release of Power BI Report Server, the Export Data function is no longer working.  The link is visable to show Export Data, but once clicked nothing happens.

Chrome Console shows the following error:- ' Script error for "odataFilterParser" '.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jason_quinn,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. Already sent a email to confirm this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jason_quinn,

I got information that this is a known issue and PG team are getting ready a fix. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jason_quinn
Advocate II

Thanks for the update @v-qiuyu-msft.  Much appreciated.

Jason

sbvsv
Frequent Visitor

Happens the same to me, I was going to make a post but I saw this was here already.

@v-qiuyu-msft this type of fixes will only be on the next release or you will do you have hotfixes for this? This is a major BUG for us as users were counting on these extracts for further analysis. I need to know because I can't wait another 4 months for this to be fixed.

Thanks a lot

RavinderSunkara
Advocate II

Team, we are impacted a lot with these kind of issues after march 2018 update release. Export Data to csv or excel not functioning and the reports are impacted. Can we get an update when this will be fixed so that we can provide the ETA to our users or reporting teams. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this fix be available, and will this fix also fixed the SSRS/Lookup issue? (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/PBRS-March-Update-breaking-existing-RDL-reports-that-...)

jeggert
Frequent Visitor

We are struggling with this issue as well.  Strange behavior is that the export function worked in the browser after I upgraded, but has now stopped working.  Also, anecdotally, it seems that it works for some users, for a while, and then once it quits working I can't get it to start working again (by clearing browser cache, switching browsers, etc.)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please update your Power BI report server version to the latest one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56722

With the latest version, I can export data on my side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft will this fix also fix the the broken SSRS/Lookup functionality issue? See also  (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/PBRS-March-Update-breaking-existing-RDL-reports-that-...)

sbvsv
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot @v-qiuyu-msft this fix was rather quick, really appreciate the effort on this!

I've upgraded to the new setup version and now the Extract works!