Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Editing Titles on Visuals

There appears to be a bug that's driving me crazy. It seems to be every time I go into the title of a visual and want to delete characters, it deletes the who visual. Here's exactly what seems to be happening. For example, I have a KPI visual. I want to edit the title, so I hit the paint roller, scroll down and click into the Title Text box and arrow over to the characters I want to delete. I hit the delete key to try to delete half the text. When I click the delete key once, it deletes one character, and then takes my cursor out of the Title Text box! When I hit delete again to delete the remaining characters, it now deletes the entire visual. This happens all the time with the latest release because it's natural to hit the delete key multiple times to delete multiple characters. As you can imagine, this is frustrating and inefficient. (Incidentally, I just discovered, if I use the backspace first and then the delete key, hitting the delete key more than once does not take me out of the Title Text box and actually works as imagined).

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Shelley,

After you delete one character using Backspace or delete key first, the cursor is taken out of the Title Text box and put on the visual itself. Have you re-directed the cursor to the title text to delete the remaining charaters?

Regards,
Lydia

Shelley
Continued Contributor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft Lydia,

Yes, and then I can continue editing.

There's another bug too. When adding a title, I enter one word, hit space and then again, it takes me out of the Title Text box and back to the visual itself. This is also annoying and inefficient as you can imagine.

Thanks for attention to these issues,

Shelley

HuwThomas
Frequent Visitor

Hi both @Shelley@v-yuezhe-msft,

I'm also having this same issue. It is quite frustrating when I go to add text to the Title Text box of a visual, the cursor will be removed from the text box after writing a few characters.

To replicate this issue, I can create a new visual, go to add a title and it will always repeat this issue the first time I go to enter text.

Very annoying!

Regards,

Huw

Shelley
Continued Contributor

There is still a bug in entering titles. This is related to entering the title, rather than deleting characts. I'm not sure if it happens on all visuals, but it happens on titles on Matrix visuals for sure. As I'm entering the title, I finish one word, hit the space and perhaps one more letter and then I'm booted out of the title text field. It seems to happen every single time I try to type a title. I then have to scroll back up to the title field and continue entering my desired title.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

same here.

PBI Desktop Version = April 2019

Do you guys still have the issue ?