Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Changed By

In the previous versions of PBI desktop, Changed BY dsiplays the name of the person who have updated the report or rehosted the report.

in the case of JAN 2021 PBI desktop, Changed By displays the name of the person who have just viewed the report in the portal.

Hence, we would not know who have recently modified the report in a org or team.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Nitin_Gini 

What is the "Changed By" in power bi desktop, I don't see this option in power bi desktop report.

Could you please share the screenshot for it, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Nitin_Gini

Hey Lin,

Please find the screenshot below for reference.

While you select the three dots on the report for more options, you will find Changed By and Created By. Basically changed by needs to provide the persons name who modified and not who viewed the report recently on portal. In the previous versions of PBI it was fine but from JAN 2021 version there's a issue.

Nitin_Gini_1-1613551291223.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Nitin_Gini 

You are using power bi report server.

and I tested it on my side, it works well on my side.

I ask my colleague to create a report by JAN 2021 PBI desktop  and share it with me, then I open this report, but the "Changed By" for this report is not me, when I edit this report in JAN 2021 PBI desktop and then overwrite the report, the "Changed By" for this report will be me.

Could you share your repeat steps for it, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin