Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[Bug] can't open PBIX file in Feb 2020 version that can be opened in Dec 2019 version

I have a PBIX file that users who are on the Dec 2019 version can open the PBIX, but those on the Feb 2020 version cannot get past the initializing model dialog prior to Power BI Desktop being opened.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@sarabelt 

I can only get the latest version (2.76.5678.782). Also, take a look at this post.

sarabelt
Employee

@v-chuncz-msft 

It looks like I have version: 2.78.5740.361 64-bit (February 2020) and looking at the Windows Store, my app was updated automatically on 1/28/2020

I will try to uninstall this version and install the version you have provided, although this doesn't actually solve the problem as to why a PBIX won't open in the latest version.  

sarabelt
Employee

@v-chuncz-msft using the version you have opened the PBIX file, now my concern is when I get updated next it won't open again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, same problem here. 

I have a dataset that won't open with the 2020 February version so I had to rollback to the January 2020 version and it worked but still I'm not able to open it with the latest version.

Aren't all the versions compatible with the previous ones?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

March version solved the problem for me, thank you!