Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug after May 2022 update - Credentials are requested several times in multiple overlapped windows

Multiple overlapped windows asking for credentials are shown.

In Power BI Desktop we use Organizational accounts (OAuth2) to get data from OData endpoint.

After May, 2022 update, when connecting to the data source first time or from a new machine (no credentials are stored in Data Source Settings) user is asked for credentials by dozen overlapped windows:

aodnoochko_0-1653486276745.png

Originally there was only one window where user can select  account type and provide his credentials.

Now there are multiple windows on the same position asking for the same information.

Even if user selects his account type and provides his credentials into the top visible window, he has to repeat it several times, before all windows that are asking for same credentials will disappear.

Once credentials are saved in the file or globally for the Data Source - report can be refreshed normally.

I have updated to 2.105.923.0 version of Power BI Desktop to check it again in my side but still could not reproduce it.

The pop window only displays once instead of dragging it to ohter sides and appearing another.

If this issue is urgent for you, we suggest that you can create a support ticket at the end of here for further fast help.

vyingjl_0-1653630597487.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test when I connected to a OData feed sample, it only shows one pop window for authentication since I have cleared all the permissions in Power BI Desktop:

vyingjl_0-1653528655785.png

Test version: 2.105.664.0 64-bit (May 2022)

Did this issue happen only in May version of Power BI Desktop? You can try to use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.105.923.0 May 2022) to check it, or if it could work in previoius version of Power BI Dekstop, you can use the previous version temporarily.

Best Regards,

aodnoochko

Same file was checked one more time:

I use 64-bit versions.

There are several datasets in the report that connect to this OData end point, but I do not see any correlation among the number of datasets and the number of asking for credentials windows.

These windows appear exactly one over one, so you might need to drag the top most aside to see another one beneath.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

I have updated to 2.105.923.0 version of Power BI Desktop to check it again in my side but still could not reproduce it.

The pop window only displays once instead of dragging it to ohter sides and appearing another.

If this issue is urgent for you, we suggest that you can create a support ticket at the end of here for further fast help.

vyingjl_0-1653630597487.png

Best Regards,