Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug Visual filter? re-posted .. hope in the correct category

Hi @AlexandraF ,

In my tests, if I filter with a field in the slicer, for example I filter "index" as  "1", even if the field does not exist in the "filter on this visual" on the right, the field you mentioned is applied to the "filter" option box.

Like this:

vmengzhumsft_1-1665456176444.png

So do you have slicer and have applied the filter to the relevant visual?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AlexandraF ,

In my tests, if I filter with a field in the slicer, for example I filter "index" as  "1", even if the field does not exist in the "filter on this visual" on the right, the field you mentioned is applied to the "filter" option box.

Like this:

vmengzhumsft_1-1665456176444.png

So do you have slicer and have applied the filter to the relevant visual?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

AlexandraF
Frequent Visitor

Hi Selina,

it doesnt matter if a slicer or a matrix

I have filters that are still active - see below picture - but are not in the Filter pane

the yellow line is to see that i clicked on the filter icon 

The red ones are active in the matrix, but are not in the filter pane

The blue one got values in the filter, the filter pane has diffferent values ( sorry, blue line should end at YEAR in the filter pane )

I cannot change the values as they are some "ghosts from the past" no clue how else to describe something you can see, that's not there anymore 

Also adding these specific fields again doesn't help. It just adds the same filter again, but the "preset" / "ghost value" is still activ and cannot be changed.

@v-mengzhu-msft - I hope you understand the issue, I don't know how to explain it diffferently ...

filter visual_2.JPG

AlexandraF
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft 
is this topic still under investigation? 

Thanks for keeping me updated.