Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: Matrix "Expand all down one level in a hierarchy" button

Hi Power BI,

The matrix worked fine with the "Expand all down one level in a hierarchy" button when it was newly setup. When there is changes in the SQL code, the "Expand all down one level in a hierarchy" no longer working OK and error message popped-up such as follows:

Couldn't load the data for this visual
Internal error: An expression services limit has been reached. Please look for potentially complex expressions in your query, and try to simplify them. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

It is very frustrated to keep reworking on the matrix visual as new.Matrix Issue.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share more information about "When there is changes in the SQL code, the "Expand all down one level in a hierarchy" no longer working"? Please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

From your description, it seems you are connecting to SQL database. Is it Import mode or DirectQuery mode? 

The latest desktop version is 2.59.5135.781, which Power BI desktop version do you run? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yeah, using Direct Query mode.

I am using June version 2.59.5135.421.

In brief, my report is built using Matrix visuals, when I expand from Region to Zone, it is working fine. When expanded further to Branches, the attached error message will display. 

May be there is limitations in the Matrix visuals such as only allowing a certain number of filters to be setup, etc.

Anyway, we have fixed the issue in the SSIS coding and SQL server. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Rudy