Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: In web version, dashboard displays incorrect Share information

capture1.PNG

The scenario:

In the web version of Power BI, let's say I have dashboard A that I'm sharing with Amy and dashboard B that I'm sharing with Bob.

If I click "..." on dashboard A and click SHARE, I can view who has Access to this dashboard (Amy). When I'm done, I click the Close button.

However, if I do NOT click the Close button to exit out of the Share panel, but instead click somewhere in the white space to the left of it (which also makes the Share panel go away), then if I click "..." on dashboard B and click SHARE, it will show me that Amy has access to dashboard B, rather than Bob (!).

If I had closed out of dashboard A by clicking the Close button, then dashboard B's access would display normally (Bob).

So it seems there is a bug where if you don't click the Close button, the share information isn't unloaded and will display on the next share panel that I open even though it's for a different dashboard.

This really concerned me at first because I thought I had accidentally given access to the wrong person! But I believe it's just a front-end display issue.

Thank you for looking into this and let me know if you have any other questions. I can reproduce the issue consistently.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sunside

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 33143382
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sunside

This issue should has been fixed now. Please have a try again.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered