Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug. Hover over on line chart shows offset

If I hover over a line chart on Power BI the wrong point is being highlighted on the hover-over tool-tip.

Please see attached image:

LineChartHoverBUG.jpg 

In this example I did hover over the last point in the chart (Sep 06).

- The tooltip box is pointing at the right point but is showing the wrong data! (Sep-01)

- The vertical line should be on the point I am hovering over and it is on the wrong point, Sep-01

Seems like there is an offset on the hover-over on the line chart that highlights to the left of where I am actually hovering over.

This issue has been fixed since Sep 20th, please check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @donquijote ,

The version of my Chrome is 93.0.4577.63, seems like it related with the view mode in Power BI Service.

I have tested under 'Fit to page', 'Fit to width', 'Actual size' modes and got something different, looks like under 'Actual size' mode works fine.

Fit to pageFit to pageFit to widthFit to widthActual sizeActual size

Best Regards,

donquijote
Advocate IV

@v-yingjl 

Thank you for looking into this.

Is true, the issue happens for me on "Fit to Page" but if I change to "Actual Size" the hover over works as expected. Although I am worried changing to "Actual Size" might break the way the report looks on Power BI embedded applications.

In any case I think this is a bug and should be reported to the product team for a fix as there is no reason why the "Fit to Page" shouldn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue with the Line on a Combo chart.  

When I hover over the column, the tooltip shows the correct WeekEnding, Offered and %SL values. 

When I hover over just the line chart, the tooltip is offset and does not show the correct WeekEnding and %SL values for the highlighted week.  

Shart2019_0-1631116486360.png

Shart2019_1-1631116512368.png

This seems like a bug.  Please let the product team know.  Thank you!

v-yingjl
Community Support

@donquijote , @Anonymous ,

Currently simliar issues have been sumbited internal(ICM: 260146466).

This appears to be a bug in the newly released Chrome 93 and Edge 93. PG Teams are still investigating this issue, would update here if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are seeing this issue with Chrome only, in the service.  Also we noticed that the problem only appears when the browser is maximizxed.  If we restore the window to not be full screen the problem goes away.

donquijote
Advocate IV

This issue seems to be limited to version 93 or Chrome and Edge. 

This issue doesn't appear on 94 beta version which is expected to be released next week. 

So hopefuly there are only few more days to suffer this issue.

On the meantime a recommendation that helps me with the affected visuals is to view them on "focus mode" where the hover over seems to work as expected.

NetJer20
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem, and was able to fix by going to my computer settings and changing the scale of my display. I use extra monitors, and was not having this problem. However one of our Power BI people found they were having the problem on their laptop screen. They were set to 100% scale. I am set to 150% scale on my displays. I reset to 100% and could reproduce the problem. I then changed back to 150% and the problem went away. This occurs in our workspace AND in our embedded application.

buitrond
Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same issue. The offset does not appear in the desktop version, but does when it's published, and when using chrome.  I have various dashboards with this problem, that my end-uses use via PBI dashboard app(s). This needs to be addressed; I'm not going to ask all of my department users to change their chrome version or use firefox/edge.PBI_Offset.JPG

donquijote
Advocate IV

The issue seems to have been fixed.

I am still on Chrome 93 (93.0.4577.82) and didn't change anything on the report but today the issue doesn't reproduce anymore and the hover over is working as expected here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming it seems to be fixed.